Friday, February 25, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Bevin!

Yesterday, the 24th, was little Miss Bevin’s 2nd birthday!  Unfortunately it was also Thursday which means shot day.  So we got her all prepped and gave her the shot (which as soon as she saw the sharps container she started crying) and then calmed her down with a cupcake and her presents J  It’s hard to believe my baby girl is already 2 years old!  We had a birthday party planned for her for tomorrow, the 26th, but with everything going on with my grandparents we cancelled it, so we did a small birthday thing for her last night.



Opening her presents
Bev and Hayden dancing with the Mickey Bev got from Grandma and Grandpa
All the shoes she got for her birthday (the kids LOVES shoes)

I took another load of recyclables in; 9 bags of glass and 1 bag of cans for a total of $25.11.  So far we have collected $113.47 in recyclables!  There was a woman in line ahead of me turning in her recyclables as well and she saw my “Recycle to Support Bevin” sign in my jeep and asked about it.  She told me she has arthritis as well; she asked if we had a website and I gave her the link.  This morning we received a $20 donation from a person named Maria who we don’t know, so I assume that was her and I just want to say I really appreciate how kind a stranger could be.  We have received SO much support!


An update on my grandparents…Omi is still on the ventilator, it’s been a week now…she has good days and bad, but it’d be nice if we could get a “game plan” from the doctors…it’s scary just waiting.  Opa also has good days and bad…today was one of the bad.  When my mom went to check on him this morning he was laying on the floor in front of his chair…he had fallen and he doesn’t know how long he was laying there.  We’re going to see if we can get his doctor to put in an order for in-home care so someone will be there with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment