Friday, April 15, 2011

Let's see, what's new...

Well let’s see, where to begin…

Bevin went in for labs this past Wednesday and as soon as we pulled into the Kaiser parking lot she started screaming “HURTS HURTS!  Go Bye Bye!”…my heart just broke.  Hayden was with us and couldn’t get enough of watching the lab techs draw his little sister’s blood.  The labs came back good; her Sed Rate is down to 13!  Her platelets were slightly elevated, but not enough to be worrisome.

This morning she had an eye appointment.  They still can’t do the slit test because she won’t cooperate, but so far everything still looks good.  Because she’s ANA positive, this is an exam that she will have to do every 3 months.  I do love the doctor, Dr. Ruben; he is constantly telling me how cute Bevin is…every mom LOVES to hear how cute their kids are J

Less than a month to go until Walk Day and the fundraising seems to be going really well.  Total we have raised $1,264!  The past two weeks I’ve had to bring in a jeep load full of recyclables, last week bringing in $45.10 and today bringing in $57.54.  Total we have gotten $285.35 in recycling donations.  I guess technically it’s more like $485.35; the Facilities Dept at my mom’s office donated $200 and we later found out the money was from the recyclables they had collected from conference rooms, etc after they were used for meetings and events.  They were going to plan a nice dept lunch, but when we put up the recycle bins they decided to donate it to a good cause.  I’m so happy with the cooperation we have gotten with this recycle drive.  I really thought we’d maybe get $200 from it, but we’ve almost hit $300 and we still have 4 weeks until the walk.

Bevin helping me take in the recyclables

We have a method to recycle sorting…I line them up…

I crush them all…

And the kids put them in the bags J

Team T-shirts have been ordered and are currently being made.  They should be ready soon.  I had some extras made for anyone who wants one.  Here’s what they will look like. 

I’m so honored at all of the people that have shown their support for Bevin!  It really means so much to me that there are so many people out there thinking of her.


1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I just found your blog through a friend's....My two year old daughter was dx in December with JIA. Here is our family blog, and our fundraising blog:

    http://yehfamilyhappenings.blogspot.com/

    http://teamesella.blogspot.com/

    It looks like we actually live not too far from one another!

    I wish you and your beautiful family the best. I know EXACTLY what you are going through!!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete