Wednesday, July 6, 2011

We’re in DC!

So I haven’t been able to post as much as I’d like to lately.  Things have been super hectic between getting ready for Washington, D.C. and the JA Conference and preparing for Opa’s Celebration of Life which will be held on July 16th.

We arrived in DC on Monday July 4th and have been go go go since we got there and it’s been a BLAST!  We’ve done as much sightseeing as we can (with 2 small children).  My sister, who lives in Connecticut, took the train to DC and was able to spend the 5th and 6th with us which has been so great because I haven’t seen her 8 years.

The conference starts tomorrow so I will definitely have some more posts soon.

Tonight in the lobby I met two families from New Zealand who are here for the conference as well as a mom I know from a Facebook JA group!  I’m so excited to meet everyone else!

Here’s some pictures in the meantime:


The kids and I in the hotel room

The family by the WWII Memorial Fountain

My sister and I at the Lincoln Memorial

My sister and I with a woman who protests in front of the White House 24 hours a day since 1981

As you can see B is not having the time of her life

The family in front of the capitol

B enjoying the sightseeing

My sister, Erika, and I, seeing each other for the first time in 8 years

No comments:

Post a Comment