Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Active Arthritis



So we went in for Bev’s check up with Dr. Radhakrishna at the end of November, her first in person check-up in six months…and wouldn’t ya know it, he found swelling in her knees.  And oddly enough the left knee was more swollen then the right knee (her right knee has always been her prominent joint).  So, 2 days short of being 6 months in remission she officially came out of remission and got a brand new RX for Naproxen, MTX and a WHOLE box of syringes.

December 5th Bev got her first injection in 6 months…needless to say it did not go too well.  Getting to go 6 months with no weekly shots and then having to start back up is NOT good news to a 4 years old.  I think she’s having a tougher time with her injections this time around then before.

We are now almost 2 months back on MTX and Naproxen…she has been complaining here and there that her legs hurt, which is not something she has done in the past.

She also officially has psoriasis and now has a RANGE of creams for that due to an excessive rash (in the worst of places) that will not go away and tons of spots that she keeps getting on her arms.

Not even 5 years old yet and she can fill her own medicine cabinet…

6 comments:

  1. I found your blog while looking for resources. My daughter was diagnosed last summer with JIA (psoriatic) and we are just now beginning enbrel. It has been a rollercoaster ride since her diagnosis. I hope you don't mind if I follow along on your blog. I feel like I still know so little about this JIA journey we are on with my little girl. www.mckennawho.com is my blog although I haven't blogged about this JIA journey we are on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mckenna-I'm glad you found my blog, I don't get to post on here as much as I like, but I'm trying to find more time to. I hope some of my posts about Bev's JA journey are helpful. There's some links to other JA blogs from friends of ours that may be helpful too! I hope your daughter is doing well!

      Delete
  2. :( Nicole, I'm so sorry. I didn't know she has psoriasis too. This stupid disease sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled upon your blog thru pinterest. My 9 year old daughter was diagnosed with JA on Tuesday. I am very upset , scared, sick and everything else. My mom is crippled from RA along with an aunt. Its really hard to tell your 9 year old that she has this when she has watched my mom all her life. The wait til march 6th seems very far off!!!! I am enjoying reading your positive attitude. Thank You!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's diagnosis...I can't imagine how scared she must be. As much as I hate Bev's JA, I am glad she was dx'd as a toddler because she doesn't know anything different. I can't imagine how hard it must be to go thru at 9.

      I'm glad you found my blog and I hope it's helpful...I've been slacking on my posts the last year...been busy, but I'm trying to get better at updating.

      I have links to lots of JA blogs on here from friends of ours that could be helpful to you as well and informative.

      Please feel free to contact me directly as well.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete